- Input a presentation from Google Docs to showcase your abilities. It is simple to create presentations in Google Docs that are very similar to a PowerPoint presentation. There is an application you can add within Linkedin that allows you to access the Google Docs presentation. When your contacts look at your profile page, they will be able to see your presentation.
- Use the Question and Answer section to either ask a question and get connected or answer a question and become an expert. If you go to the “More” tab and pick Answers, you will find this section. Then click on Career and Education. You can look for topics that may help you with your career search, ask a question or answer one. Every time you answer a question and someone picks your answer as the best answer, you get one point toward being someone listed with expertise. You will notice tabs for open questions, closed questions and experts. Becoming an expert can help promote your skills to more people and open up more job options for you.
- Be sure you have combined your outgoing messages your post on your home page with Twitter. There is a little box you need to check to be sure that any updates you post will not only get posted on Linkedin but also on your Twitter page. If you do not have a Twitter page, it is easy to set up and free. Just go to Twitter.com.
- Import your WordPress blog into Linkedin. Just as you were able to include Google Docs through adding an application, you can do the same for your blog. In this way, people will be able to see your blog on your profile page.
- Check out all of the extra add-on applications that are available including: Polls, Google Presentation, Blog Link, Box-Net, Portfolio Display, SlideShare Presentations, SAP Community Bio, Company Buzz, My Travel, Reading List, Huddle Workspaces, Real Estate Pro, Tweets, Events, and Legal Updates. If you have a lot of good multi-media to display, Portfolio Display would be a good addition.
0 thoughts on “Top 5 Ways You Should Be Using Linkedin To Find A Job”