Companies often list their vision and their mission statements on their sites. The difference between a mission statement and a vision statement is that a mission statement focuses on a company’s present state while a vision statement focuses on a company’s future. However, some companies tend to blend these statements. The following are some of the top technology-based company mission statements:
Amazon: Amazon’s vision is to be earth’s most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online. (They list this as their mission as a combination mission/vision on their site).
Apple: Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.
Dell: Dell’s mission is to be the most successful computer company in the world at delivering the best customer experience in markets we serve.
Facebook: Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.
Google: Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
Microsoft: Microsoft’s mission is to enable people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential.
Skype: Skype’s mission is to be the fabric of real-time communication on the web.
Twitter: Twitter lists its mission as “a work in progress” as it has yet to be fully developed.
Yahoo!: Yahoo!’s mission is to be the most essential global Internet service for consumers and businesses
YouTube: YouTube’s mission is to provide fast and easy video access and the ability to share videos frequently
Also be sure to see: Top 10 Companies’ Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Estimated Value of Top Companies
- Twitter’s New Mission Statement (twitterrati.com)
- Examples of Mission Statements That Don’t Work (brighthub.com)
- Difference Between Mission and Vision Statement (brighthub.com)
- Why Companies Are Not Going IPO: Are Skype, Twitter and Facebook Projected IPOs in 2011? (drdianehamilton.wordpress.com)
- Researching Apple: Top 10 Most Useful Links
- Top 10 Companies’ Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Top 10 Companies’ Financial Statements