There was a time when it was unusual to hear about an entrepreneur becoming successful at a very young age. With the technology boom, the story is becoming more commonplace. The following list contains the top 10 entrepreneurs whose dreams came to fruition and made them very rich before they hit the ripe old age of 35.
- Apple – Creators: Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Apple was established in 1976, the year Steve Jobs turned 21 and Steve Wozniak turned 26.
- Amazon – Creator: Jeff Bezos. Amazon was founded in 1994, the year Jeff Bezos turned 30.
- Disney – Creator: Walt Disney. Disney was founded in 1923, the year Walt Disney turned 22.
- Facebook – Creators: Mark Zuckerburg and his college roommates Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. Facebook was launched in 2004, the year that Mark Zuckerburg turned 20.
- Google – Creators: Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Google was incorporated in 1998 the year that Larry Page and Sergey Brin turned 25. Google’s IPO was in August of 2004, the year the men turned just 31.
- Groupon– Creator: Andrew Mason. Groupon was created in 2008, the year Mason turned 29.
- LinkedIn – Creators: Reid Hoffman and founders from PayPal. LinkedIn was founded in late 2002 the year that Hoffman turned 35.
- Microsoft – Creators: Bill Gates and Paul Allen. Microsoft was established in 1975, the year Bill Gates turned 20 and Paul Allen turned 22.
- Twitter – Creator: Jack Dorsey. Twitter was created in 2006, the year Dorsey turned 30.
- Yahoo! – Creators: Jerry Yang and David Filo. Yahoo! was incorporated in 1995, the year that Jerry Yang turned 27 and David Filo turned 29.
Click on the company names above to find out more details and top stories about these unique companies.
- Top 10 Companies Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Top 10 Company Mission Statements in 2011
- Famous Entrepreneurs Who Hit it Big With Humble Beginnings
- Researching Apple: Top 10 Most Useful Links
- Value of Top Companies in 2011
- The Top 10 Most Misunderstood Entrepreneurial Terms
- Top Five Things to Know to be a Successful Entrepreneur
- 50 Famous People Who Failed Before They Became Successful
- Top 50 Venture Funded Companies for 2011
- Top 5 Networking Tips for Small Businesses
- Time for a New Career? Change the Daily Grind to a Job of Your Dreams
- 50 Excellent Lectures for the Small Business Owner
- An Entrepreneur’s Startup Business Model Checklist