image via investopedia.com
I am a contributing writer for investopedia.com. The following is a list of my top 10 personal finance articles I wrote for that site:
• Condo Complications: The Issues Behind Ownership – Being a “condo person” is just one of the issues you’ll have to examine when deciding if a condo is right for you.
• Improve Your Karma With Microlending – Not all businesses are self-sustaining – many rely on microlending in order to survive.
• Things To Know About The Home Modification Plan – This program allows FHA borrowers to reduce monthly mortgage payments through negotiation with lenders.
• How Unemployment Affects You (Even If You’re Working) – Rebounding from a stint of unemployment can be a frustrating thing to do. These tips should soften the blow.
• Affinity Fraud: No Safety In Numbers – Ponzi schemes are just one example of this type of scam; learn how to avoid becoming a victim.
• Bankruptcy Filing Changes That Could Affect You – When the economy is down, more people file for bankruptcy. Make sure you know about the changes that have been made to this process.
• Recognize And Avoid “Work At Home” Scams – From pyramid schemes to envelope stuffing, there are a lot of scams masquerading as legitimate part-time work.
• Using Age-Based Funds In Your 401(k) – If you prefer a “hands-off” approach to saving for retirement, target-date funds may be for you.
• Lending From A Loan Officer’s Perspective – Learn how a loan officer thinks, so that you can get the best and safest loan.
• Employee Benefits: How To Know What To Choose – Starting a new job is stressful but you don’t need to sweat about setting up a benefits package.