The pharmaceutical job market is extremely competitive. One way for potential applicants to stand out from the crowd is to become a Certified Medical Representative (CMR). The Certified Medical Representative Institute has recently launched a pre-hire program, designed for someone interested in entering the biopharmaceutical arena. The program is designed to provide basic knowledge that would help make someone a better candidate or provide deeper knowledge to enhance their abilities in a potential position.
When I obtained my CMR, I found that the training was excellent. Adding the CMR designation to my business card also demonstrated that I had received training that went above and beyond the industry standard.
CMR’s latest program covers the following topics:
The Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Overview of the Drug Development Process
- Promotion and Advertising in Pharmaceuticals
The Sales Environment
- The Evolution of Managed Care
- Healthcare Insurance Plans and Healthcare Financiers
The Science of Medicine
- Systems of the Body
- Evaluation of Disease
- Medical Terminology
The Science of Pharmacology
- Basic Principles of Drug Actions
- Classification of Pharmaceutical Products
The Biopharmaceutical Representative’s Job
- The Role of the Biopharmaceutical Representative
- Elements of Good Communication
- The Business Planning Process
For more information, check out the CMR Institute.